Monday, June 29, 2009

Eureka!

Finally...a drug combo that works! I spent the first day and night after chemo sleeping, but that's way better than heaving over a bucket in the bathroom!

So my new daily medication routine is this:

Every morning, Days 1-2: 1 scoop glutamine (amino acid to prevent neuropathy and help maintain good gut health) mixed in soy milk, 5 pills predinsone (part of the chemo treatment), 1 pill Granisetron (Kytril, for nausea), 1/2 pill Lorazepan (Ativan, for nausea and anxiety), 1 pill Aprepitan (Emend, for nausea), 1 Vitamin D supplement (for good general treatment outcomes), 1 Magnesium Hydrochloride tablet (for constipation) crushed into my cereal milk.

Every morning, Days 3-5: same as Days 1-2 but no Emend, and Kytril and Ativan only as needed

Every morning, Days 6-10: same as Days 3-5 but no prednisone and Ativan only as needed

Every morning, Days 10-22: same as Days 6-10 but no Ativan

Every evening: 3 mg melatonin (for reflux)

Also, as needed: ginger tea, crystallized ginger, hot water bottle (an experiment, seems to help soothe my stomach), propping my bed horizontally

I'm still suffering from almost continuous reflux, which is contributory to nausea but not the same thing. I'd like to know more about upright GERD, as the symptoms seem to be worse first thing in the morning when I get out of bed. It's weird because I would have thought that my stomach would be empty by then. But I always burp a few times and experience reflux anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment