Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Email I Sent to My Friends on October 8

Dear Friends,

I just got my PET/CT scan results from the hospital -- and they were NEGATIVE!!! Which is, of course, really positive. ;-) That means that I don't require any further treatment. No more pills, no more nausea, and I'm finally allowed to leave Holland for a vacation! I just need to go back to the hospital every 3 months for a blood test to make sure that I stay in remission.

Thanks again to you all for the many ways you have shown your encouragement and support. The emails, the Skype chats, the gifts, and the visits were all very much appreciated. Because of these, I can truly say that there were at least as many high points during my treatment as there were low ones!

It's celebration time now, although with the bad cold I have at the moment, I might have to postpone doing anything fun until the weekend. You guys in the Bay Area, this is also a heads up that I've actually managed to arrange a visit back for the first 2 weeks of December. I've had the plane tickets for a while now, but I didn't want to announce my trip until I knew for sure that I wouldn't have to cancel it. I'll send out a separate email soon with some details.

Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment